Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Curve make it six straight against Fisher Cats, 9-2
The loss is the fifth straight for the Fisher Cats, leaving them in a third place tie with the Portland Sea Dogs in the Eastern Division.
The Curve wasted no time jumping ahead of the Fisher Cats using a two-out rally in the first inning against starter Ryan Tepera (8-7). Five straight hits plated three runs, highlighted by a Jarek Cunningham two-run single to give the Curve a 3-0 lead after a half-inning.
Jacobo pulled the Fisher Cats within two runs in the second with his home run, cutting the deficit to 3-1. But Altoona put it away from there, getting a single run back in the third and five two-out runs in the top of the fourth.
Tepera took the loss allowing nine runs (all earned) on 12 hits, both career highs. He walked three and struck out two in the defeat. The Fisher Cats bullpen tossed 5 -1/3 scoreless innings, but the offense managed only a bases-loaded walk by Ryan Schimpf the rest of the way.
The series and homestand come to an end on Sunday afternoon at 1:35 p.m. The pitching match-up for the finale features Deck McGuire (5-8, 5.43) against Altoona righty Casey Sadler (7-5, 3.38).
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hundreds turn out for annual Newfound Turkey Trot - 0
- Manchester, Derry road races draw more than 3,600 trotters - 0
- Holiday road, trail races aplenty across NH - 0
- Wobble 'n' Gobble run set for Thanksgiving in Franconia - 0
- Wolfeboro Turkey Trot aids Lions Club, food pantries - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Communities reap economic benefits from road races - 0
- Road issues bring future Hampton marathons into question - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Time has come for NH road racing Hall of Fame - 0
- Andy Schachat's On The Run: How big are NH races going to get? - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Snow could reschedule Super Bowl - 2
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 4
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child