Manchester Babe Ruth 14's prevail again at regionals
The locals on Saturday used a complete-game effort from righthander Matt Reynolds to defeat Norwood, Mass., 4-3, in Westfield, Mass.
And he even benefited from an alert play by his manager, Mickey Hanagan.
Norwood trailed 4-0 early, but trimmed the deficit to 4-3 in the fourth. With a runner on third, a Norwood player hit a fly ball to the outfield. The runner seemingly tagged up and scored the tying run, but Hanagan noticed he left too early and appealed the play. The appeal proved successful, and Manchester retained its lead.
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 4
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0