Bedford drops Babe Ruth 13s opener
Plymouth, Mass., scored in each of the first three innings Saturday and handed Bedford a 9-5 setback in the first round of the Babe Ruth 13-year-old New England Regional.
"That's big at this level," Plymouth coach Tony Coppola said. "We've been doing it with defense all summer.
Shortstop Grant Lavigne (coach's son) had a double, a triple and scored twice for Bedford, which had nine hits in the loss. Connor Collins also scored twice for Bedford, which trailed 9-3 after three innings.
"You make mistakes and have bad games you have to put it behind you," Kevin Lavigne said. "In my estimation the mark of a good team is one that bounces back from bad loses. Good teams don't lose those kind of games consecutively.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New spokesman named for Diocese of Manchester - 0
- First Church of Christ, Scientist, in Derry celebrates 100 years - 0
- Ararat Armenian Congregational Church in Salem celebrates 100 years, welcomes pastor - 0
- Interfaith Thanksgiving Service is Monday - 1
- Annual collection helps religious communities address retirement shortfall - 0
- Keene church to hold Colonial Thanksgiving service Sunday - 0
- New Baptist church opening in Concord - 0
- Londonderry church blesses pets - 0
- Center gets grant from bishop's fund - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 3
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 5
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
Nashua hero up for Carnegie award
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans