Pope's message reaches NH diocese
"We cannot keep ourselves shut up in parishes, in our communities, when so many people are waiting for the Gospel," the Pontiff said.
"It's part of his responsibility, our responsibility, to extend the church to everyone in the state," McGee said. "Bishop Libasci certainly embraces the whole concept of the new evangelization, of getting out and making disciples of everyone in the church."
"It is not enough simply to open the door in welcome, but we must go out through that door and meet the people," he said.
"Certainly as Catholics, we are called always to go out and spread the good news of the gospel," McGee said. "In our society today, there's a number of people who may have been raised Catholic and participate in the Catholic church and are now not as regular, and certainly today it's our mission to reach out to them."
Latin America's largest nation has been rocked by protests against corruption, the misuse of public money and the high cost of living. Most of the protesters are young.
"Between selfish indifference and violent protest there is always another possible option: that of dialogue. Dialogue between generations, dialogue with the people, the capacity to give and receive, while remaining open to the truth," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dingman granted conditional parole - 3
- Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 52 in Yemen - 0
- Manchester gas station burglarized - 0
- Conn. tractor-trailer driver charged in Manchester hit and run - 1
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans - 10
- Goffstown man held in Triangle Credit Union robbery, burglaries - 0
- 2 Bay State men arrested for Peterborough credit union robbery - 1
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 12
Dingman granted conditional parole
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Are Concord school officials right to ban a parent from praying outside high school each morning?
- Total Votes: 466