Pope's message reaches NH diocese
"We cannot keep ourselves shut up in parishes, in our communities, when so many people are waiting for the Gospel," the Pontiff said.
"It's part of his responsibility, our responsibility, to extend the church to everyone in the state," McGee said. "Bishop Libasci certainly embraces the whole concept of the new evangelization, of getting out and making disciples of everyone in the church."
"It is not enough simply to open the door in welcome, but we must go out through that door and meet the people," he said.
"Certainly as Catholics, we are called always to go out and spread the good news of the gospel," McGee said. "In our society today, there's a number of people who may have been raised Catholic and participate in the Catholic church and are now not as regular, and certainly today it's our mission to reach out to them."
Latin America's largest nation has been rocked by protests against corruption, the misuse of public money and the high cost of living. Most of the protesters are young.
"Between selfish indifference and violent protest there is always another possible option: that of dialogue. Dialogue between generations, dialogue with the people, the capacity to give and receive, while remaining open to the truth," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- College Hockey: Northeastern wins in OT, forces Game 3 with UNH - 0
- NHGOP: Rand Paul wins straw poll - 0
- Pembroke voters OK clock tower face-lift - 0
- Bath Iron Works gets nod for fifth destroyer - 0
- Groveton backs 'Plan B' for town office project - 0
- Dartmouth under fire for response to incidents of rape on campus - 0
- NH hospital personnel to train for disasters - 0
- Obama's national security aides meet to discuss Ukraine - 0
- Radio host wants official's lawsuit dismissed - 0
Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Online license purchases prove user unfriendly for some hunters and anglers
Auburn native believes in faith and fashion
Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season
NHGOP: Rand Paul wins straw poll
Bath Iron Works gets nod for fifth destroyer
Charles Krauthammer: How to handle Putin
GOP panel stresses teamwork, sincerity