Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Neighbors react after Manchester man shot in Orange Street apartment
Manchester Police were on the scene of a reported shooting at 145 Orange St. in Manchester on Friday morning. (DAVID LANE/UNION LEADER)
The man, described as a 20-year-old African-American, is identified as Terrence Jackson. But he is also known in the neighborhood as Shawn and best known by his nickname, "Big," for his 300-pound frame.
Police said no one was in custody and had no suspects Friday night. They said they could not comment on motive and the investigation is active.
"All you got to do is sit on these stairs for 20 minutes and you know what's going on," said a female neighbor who spoke on condition of anonymity because she said she feared for her safety.
The apartment where the shooting occurred is leased to Tony Watkins, who has been in New York for about three weeks visiting family, neighbor Travis Lemay, 25, said.
After the shooting, police warned Jackson's former roommate his safety was in jeopardy, according to Lemay and several other neighbors.
An upstairs neighbor described the shooting victim as polite and helpful.
Fontaine, who moved in about three months ago, said she is afraid to live in the building.
Fontaine said she was already unnerved when she recently learned Jackson was living in the same apartment where convicted killer and Czech national Vaclav Plch stabbed Manchester mother Mary Stetson, 40, to death and dismembered her body in July 1999.
Lemay and Fontaine said they had to step over blood that covered the hallway when they went to get their mail in the first-floor hallway. They said they also saw blood splattered on his apartment door and the carpeting just inside the door. They said it appeared he had been shot in the doorway, stumbled out the hallway and fell down the three concrete steps to the sidewalk.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Supreme Court: Indigent woman entitled to state-funded services - 0
- Following drug bust, questions raised about Manchester pizza restaurant - 1
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Fathers of injured teens pleased with order sending back Coco to jail - 0
- Exeter man arraigned in pair of Portsmouth armed robberies - 0
- Pa. man will go to trial for two-state chase - 0
- Arrest made in fake Nashua bomb threat - 0
- Two of Gregory Smart's killers nearing release - 15
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges for Nashua men - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
Coco is back in jail, but maybe not for long
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
- Total Votes: 917