Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Neighbors react after Manchester man shot in Orange Street apartment
The man, described as a 20-year-old African-American, is identified as Terrence Jackson. But he is also known in the neighborhood as Shawn and best known by his nickname, "Big," for his 300-pound frame.
Police said no one was in custody and had no suspects Friday night. They said they could not comment on motive and the investigation is active.
"All you got to do is sit on these stairs for 20 minutes and you know what's going on," said a female neighbor who spoke on condition of anonymity because she said she feared for her safety.
The apartment where the shooting occurred is leased to Tony Watkins, who has been in New York for about three weeks visiting family, neighbor Travis Lemay, 25, said.
After the shooting, police warned Jackson's former roommate his safety was in jeopardy, according to Lemay and several other neighbors.
An upstairs neighbor described the shooting victim as polite and helpful.
Fontaine, who moved in about three months ago, said she is afraid to live in the building.
Fontaine said she was already unnerved when she recently learned Jackson was living in the same apartment where convicted killer and Czech national Vaclav Plch stabbed Manchester mother Mary Stetson, 40, to death and dismembered her body in July 1999.
Lemay and Fontaine said they had to step over blood that covered the hallway when they went to get their mail in the first-floor hallway. They said they also saw blood splattered on his apartment door and the carpeting just inside the door. They said it appeared he had been shot in the doorway, stumbled out the hallway and fell down the three concrete steps to the sidewalk.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 0
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 3
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 1
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 9
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Giampetruzzi leads Trinity into D-I semis - 0
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Turkey vultures not commonly seen in NH until fairly recently
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief