Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Woman accused of leaving her nephew, 7, in mall store for 4 hours
Ana E. Matos faces a charge of endangering the welfare of a child. She was released pending arraignment on Sept. 30 in 10th Circuit Court, Salem district.
According to police, Matos was carrying shopping bags containing more than $500 worth of clothing when she returned for the child four hours after she left him at the Microsoft store at the mall.
Police were called to the mall around 12:20 p.m. Friday. Mall security told police that the 7-year-old boy had been "wandering" inside the Microsoft store alone since about 10 that morning, and attempts to find his parent or guardian had been unsuccessful.
Police officers canvassed the mall, interviewed witnesses and reviewed video from surveillance cameras. Video from the Microsoft store camera showed a woman had been with the child outside the store at 10:27 a.m.
About 2:15 p.m., shortly after police obtained a still photo from the video, Matos walked by the Microsoft store, according to a police press release. When officers told her the child had been left unattended for about four hours, Matos said she had been looking for him.
But police said the fact that she was carrying shopping bags "was an indication she was shopping and not looking for the lost child." And they said Matos had no answer when they asked why she hadn't notified mall security or the police that her nephew was missing.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 25
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483