Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Woman accused of leaving her nephew, 7, in mall store for 4 hours
Ana E. Matos faces a charge of endangering the welfare of a child. She was released pending arraignment on Sept. 30 in 10th Circuit Court, Salem district.
According to police, Matos was carrying shopping bags containing more than $500 worth of clothing when she returned for the child four hours after she left him at the Microsoft store at the mall.
Police were called to the mall around 12:20 p.m. Friday. Mall security told police that the 7-year-old boy had been "wandering" inside the Microsoft store alone since about 10 that morning, and attempts to find his parent or guardian had been unsuccessful.
Police officers canvassed the mall, interviewed witnesses and reviewed video from surveillance cameras. Video from the Microsoft store camera showed a woman had been with the child outside the store at 10:27 a.m.
About 2:15 p.m., shortly after police obtained a still photo from the video, Matos walked by the Microsoft store, according to a police press release. When officers told her the child had been left unattended for about four hours, Matos said she had been looking for him.
But police said the fact that she was carrying shopping bags "was an indication she was shopping and not looking for the lost child." And they said Matos had no answer when they asked why she hadn't notified mall security or the police that her nephew was missing.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Henniker police shoot suspect in truck heist - 1
- Man extradited from Texas on July report of sexual assault on juvenile in Nashua - 0
- Manchester police investigating after man stabbed in neck - 1
- Ferguson protests enter third day; arrests in St. Louis - 0
- Abuse history at Nashua address where 3-year-old died - 7
- Franklin robbery suspect sought, considered armed and dangerous - 0
- Franklin man and woman arraigned for attempted prostitution of minor - 1
- Police investigating death of 3-year-old girl in Nashua - 7
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hamilton's OT goal wins for Bruins - 0
- Dowd's goal wins for Manchester - 0
- John Habib's City Sports:'Moment' is here: Derryfield CC renovation begins - 0
- Driver charged with DWI after mayhem on I-293 - 0
- Department of Employment Security sends confidential ID info to wrong firms - 0
- Day Three in the dark for many in NH - 0
- Man, 86, struck by car while crossing street in Manchester - 0
- Hot deals, warm shoppers - 0
- Londonderry shelter gives residents warm place to stay after power outages - 0
Man allegedly tries to run over officer in Manchester, police van crashes while responding
Day Three in the dark for many in NH
Hamilton's OT goal wins for Bruins
Derry holiday parade to be held today
Hot deals, warm shoppers
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483