Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Woman accused of leaving her nephew, 7, in mall store for 4 hours
Ana E. Matos faces a charge of endangering the welfare of a child. She was released pending arraignment on Sept. 30 in 10th Circuit Court, Salem district.
According to police, Matos was carrying shopping bags containing more than $500 worth of clothing when she returned for the child four hours after she left him at the Microsoft store at the mall.
Police were called to the mall around 12:20 p.m. Friday. Mall security told police that the 7-year-old boy had been "wandering" inside the Microsoft store alone since about 10 that morning, and attempts to find his parent or guardian had been unsuccessful.
Police officers canvassed the mall, interviewed witnesses and reviewed video from surveillance cameras. Video from the Microsoft store camera showed a woman had been with the child outside the store at 10:27 a.m.
About 2:15 p.m., shortly after police obtained a still photo from the video, Matos walked by the Microsoft store, according to a police press release. When officers told her the child had been left unattended for about four hours, Matos said she had been looking for him.
But police said the fact that she was carrying shopping bags "was an indication she was shopping and not looking for the lost child." And they said Matos had no answer when they asked why she hadn't notified mall security or the police that her nephew was missing.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 4
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 5
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424