Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Manchester victim 'fair' after being shot in the face
Detective Sgt. Joseph Mucci said Terrence Jackson has been on a breathing tube since undergoing surgery following the shooting, and that has prevented police from interviewing him about the attack.
"Not only is he a victim, but he's a witness in this case," Mucci said. "He can tell us who in fact did this to him, if in fact he does know, or give us a better description on who the suspect is."
Jackson was shot shortly before 6:30 a.m. Friday at 145 Orange St. and managed to stumble outside before he collapsed, bleeding, according to witnesses.
One upstairs neighbor said she heard the sounds of men arguing on Wednesday, and it sounded like someone was threatening Jackson.
Mucci said criminal activity has increased in that area of the city. He noted it's just a few blocks from the scene of a May 18 homicide that remains unsolved.
"It is a tough neighborhood," Mucci said.
And while police have increased their presence in the area, Mucci said they need the public's help. "Neighbors need to be vigilant and call us when they see anything they feel is suspicious," he said.
Mucci said he can't comment on whether drugs may have been a factor in what happened on Friday because the investigation remains ongoing.
Manchester has changed, Mucci said.
"It's not a small town anymore," he said. "It's the largest city north of Boston. We have big-city crime now."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Newmarket man indicted on sex assault counts - 0
- Bail set at $2,000 for man accused of $1,950 check forgery - 0
- Vandal slashes holiday display but cannot deflate Christmas spirit - 0
- Mistrial declared in Keene cold-case murder trial - 0
- Grantham man gets prison in shooting death of wife - 0
- Rockingham County attorney suspension continues amid probe - 1
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Home Depot comes through in Derry with new decorations - 2
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Senate holding rare Saturday vote on Fed pick Janet Yellen - 0
- Destruction of Berlin theater is ruled arson - 0
- Brady, Suggs set to renew bitter rivalry - 0
- West, Towson look to run past Eagles - 0
- Crowley leads Dover hockey past Kingswood - 0
- Beltran, Yankees make it official - 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
Beltran, Yankees make it official
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Ice storm threatens the region
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424