Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Manchester victim 'fair' after being shot in the face
Detective Sgt. Joseph Mucci said Terrence Jackson has been on a breathing tube since undergoing surgery following the shooting, and that has prevented police from interviewing him about the attack.
"Not only is he a victim, but he's a witness in this case," Mucci said. "He can tell us who in fact did this to him, if in fact he does know, or give us a better description on who the suspect is."
Jackson was shot shortly before 6:30 a.m. Friday at 145 Orange St. and managed to stumble outside before he collapsed, bleeding, according to witnesses.
One upstairs neighbor said she heard the sounds of men arguing on Wednesday, and it sounded like someone was threatening Jackson.
Mucci said criminal activity has increased in that area of the city. He noted it's just a few blocks from the scene of a May 18 homicide that remains unsolved.
"It is a tough neighborhood," Mucci said.
And while police have increased their presence in the area, Mucci said they need the public's help. "Neighbors need to be vigilant and call us when they see anything they feel is suspicious," he said.
Mucci said he can't comment on whether drugs may have been a factor in what happened on Friday because the investigation remains ongoing.
Manchester has changed, Mucci said.
"It's not a small town anymore," he said. "It's the largest city north of Boston. We have big-city crime now."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Manchester man tells judge pills aren’t his - 0
- Hannaford parking lot encounter involved a shotgun - 30
- Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole - 0
- Grantham man makes plea deal in wife's killing - 4
- Keene cold-case murder trial starts - 0
- Newmarket man charged with impersonating police officer on Seacoast - 1
- Londonderry man challenges search in child porn case - 1
- Accused Goffstown embezzler freed on reduced bail - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Police: Body found in Portsmouth creek not missing UNH student - 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 2
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs yet to flip switch on power play - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424