Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Manchester victim 'fair' after being shot in the face
Detective Sgt. Joseph Mucci said Terrence Jackson has been on a breathing tube since undergoing surgery following the shooting, and that has prevented police from interviewing him about the attack.
"Not only is he a victim, but he's a witness in this case," Mucci said. "He can tell us who in fact did this to him, if in fact he does know, or give us a better description on who the suspect is."
Jackson was shot shortly before 6:30 a.m. Friday at 145 Orange St. and managed to stumble outside before he collapsed, bleeding, according to witnesses.
One upstairs neighbor said she heard the sounds of men arguing on Wednesday, and it sounded like someone was threatening Jackson.
Mucci said criminal activity has increased in that area of the city. He noted it's just a few blocks from the scene of a May 18 homicide that remains unsolved.
"It is a tough neighborhood," Mucci said.
And while police have increased their presence in the area, Mucci said they need the public's help. "Neighbors need to be vigilant and call us when they see anything they feel is suspicious," he said.
Mucci said he can't comment on whether drugs may have been a factor in what happened on Friday because the investigation remains ongoing.
Manchester has changed, Mucci said.
"It's not a small town anymore," he said. "It's the largest city north of Boston. We have big-city crime now."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ex-Goffstown teacher indicted on sexual assault charges - 0
- Claremont police identify suspect in three armed robberies - 0
- Three boys accused of vandalizing Lakes Region Boys and Girls Club - 0
- Confessed burglar tells investigators pair 'did it for the thrill' - 0
- Bow man robbed at gunpoint near YMCA - 0
- Sex offender sought for failing to register turns himself in - 0
- Raymond man convicted in second sexual assault case - 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Wanted Vermont man evading capture allegedly tried to run over officer - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424