Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Ian Clark's On Baseball: Act 2 going well for Fishers' Loewen
Drafted as a lefty pitcher by Baltimore as the fourth overall pick in 2002, Loewen made his MLB debut with the Orioles in 2006. He was 8-8 over three years with Baltimore, appearing in 35 games. But a stress fracture in his elbow forced him to transition to a positional player.
"I try to make myself available if anybody has questions or if they aren't acting professionally. I feel like it's my job as one of the older guys to maybe say something behind the scenes. I don't like to call anybody out in front of the team. I feel like that's counter-productive," Loewen said. "My advice is always to simplify the game as much as you can. Otherwise it can become a mental grind."
"He's probably one of the main cogs getting us going offensively with the bat. Eventually, we'll get (Kenny) Wilson back and that will probably bump him down again, but he's been a key guy," Allenson said. "He's obviously not the prototype leadoff guy. He didn't need to do anything different. He can be aggressive on the first pitch of the game if he wants. He really struggled early, but he's come a long way. He's done a pretty good job. Hopefully, he's opened up some eyes."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Salem teachers, school board agree to two-year contract - 0
- Hillside Middle School is state winner in Samsung science contest - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 10
- John Stark's 'We the People' gears up for civics competition - 0
- MCC students get hands-on experience building Manchester home - 0
- Manchester board holds off seeking $22m for building projects - 0
- Nashua survey reveals class sizes as major issue - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal