Manchester Babe Ruth 14's feature pitching, defense at regionals
Manchester enters the regionals with a 6-0 record, having outscored its opposition, 57-10.
"This may be the best balanced team I've coached in a long time," said Hanagan, now in his 49th coaching season with 10 World Series appearances. "Pitching and defense has been outstanding."
Pitching depth on the team is rich with Jake Carrier, Nick Salcito and Ryan Wickey ready in the wings when called upon.
The four teams in the National Division are St. Johnsbury, Vt., Waterford, Conn., Warwick, R.I., and host Westfield.
On Saturday at 10 a.m., Manchester will face Norwood, Mass. In the third game, Central Maine and Manchester will play Sunday at 1 p.m.
The tournament wraps up with the championship final Tuesday at 3 p.m.. The regional winner will advance to the Babe Ruth World Series in Newark, Ohio, beginning Aug. 14.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hillsborough district names its Teacher of Year - 0
- Nashua Board of Education signals new leadership - 0
- PSU adjunct faculty members approve three-year contract - 0
- UNH, trustees seek to reverse arbitrator's decision to reinstate professor - 13
- NH students take part in computer education week - 0
- Math world stunned by UNH lecturer's find - 3
- Consultant report on UNH Manchester issues almost done - 4
- 'Embrance the challenge ... behold the view,' MCPHS grads told - 0
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 4
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0