Rochester, Lebanon win before rain halts Legion play
The tournament’s first two games were completed at Concord’s Memorial Field, but Games 3 and 4 were postponed until today. Rochester beat Laconia 5-3 in the tournament’s first game, and Lebanon defeated Derry 10-2 in the second contest.
Rochester led 3-0 after three innings, but Laconia made it a one-run game by scoring twice in the top of the eighth. Rochester regained a three-run advantage by pushing across two more runs in the bottom of the eighth.
Graham Nyhan surrendered all five Rochester runs and took the loss. Nyhan pitched seven innings and walked seven.
Ryder Arsenault had three of Laconia’s eight hits.Lebanon 10, Derry 2
Joe Cravero pitched eight scoreless innings as Lebanon cruised to an easy victory in its opener.
Jeff Singster had two of Derry’s seven hits. Derry also received a two-run single from third baseman Kyle Albertelli.
Lebanon will play the Concord/Londonderry winner.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dodgers shut out Cardinals in NLCS Game 3 - 0
- Manchester Memorial grad Chris Lambert enters Boston College Hall of Fame - 1
- Finally, Tampa Bay's Sam Fuld gets to meet new son - 0
- Rays blank Indians in wild card game, headed to Boston for ALDS - 0
- Conway’s Locke left off Pirates’ playoff roster - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Playoff roster is Farrell's job - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 0
- 'The Granite Wall' stays solid as UNH marches into postseason - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan