Rochester, Lebanon win before rain halts Legion play
The tournament’s first two games were completed at Concord’s Memorial Field, but Games 3 and 4 were postponed until today. Rochester beat Laconia 5-3 in the tournament’s first game, and Lebanon defeated Derry 10-2 in the second contest.
Rochester led 3-0 after three innings, but Laconia made it a one-run game by scoring twice in the top of the eighth. Rochester regained a three-run advantage by pushing across two more runs in the bottom of the eighth.
Graham Nyhan surrendered all five Rochester runs and took the loss. Nyhan pitched seven innings and walked seven.
Ryder Arsenault had three of Laconia’s eight hits.Lebanon 10, Derry 2
Joe Cravero pitched eight scoreless innings as Lebanon cruised to an easy victory in its opener.
Jeff Singster had two of Derry’s seven hits. Derry also received a two-run single from third baseman Kyle Albertelli.
Lebanon will play the Concord/Londonderry winner.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dodgers shut out Cardinals in NLCS Game 3 - 0
- Manchester Memorial grad Chris Lambert enters Boston College Hall of Fame - 1
- Finally, Tampa Bay's Sam Fuld gets to meet new son - 0
- Rays blank Indians in wild card game, headed to Boston for ALDS - 0
- Conway’s Locke left off Pirates’ playoff roster - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Playoff roster is Farrell's job - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Home Depot comes through in Derry with new decorations - 2
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 16
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child