Rochester, Lebanon win before rain halts Legion play
The tournament’s first two games were completed at Concord’s Memorial Field, but Games 3 and 4 were postponed until today. Rochester beat Laconia 5-3 in the tournament’s first game, and Lebanon defeated Derry 10-2 in the second contest.
Rochester led 3-0 after three innings, but Laconia made it a one-run game by scoring twice in the top of the eighth. Rochester regained a three-run advantage by pushing across two more runs in the bottom of the eighth.
Graham Nyhan surrendered all five Rochester runs and took the loss. Nyhan pitched seven innings and walked seven.
Ryder Arsenault had three of Laconia’s eight hits.Lebanon 10, Derry 2
Joe Cravero pitched eight scoreless innings as Lebanon cruised to an easy victory in its opener.
Jeff Singster had two of Derry’s seven hits. Derry also received a two-run single from third baseman Kyle Albertelli.
Lebanon will play the Concord/Londonderry winner.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'