Rochester, Lebanon win before rain halts Legion play
The tournament’s first two games were completed at Concord’s Memorial Field, but Games 3 and 4 were postponed until today. Rochester beat Laconia 5-3 in the tournament’s first game, and Lebanon defeated Derry 10-2 in the second contest.
Rochester led 3-0 after three innings, but Laconia made it a one-run game by scoring twice in the top of the eighth. Rochester regained a three-run advantage by pushing across two more runs in the bottom of the eighth.
Graham Nyhan surrendered all five Rochester runs and took the loss. Nyhan pitched seven innings and walked seven.
Ryder Arsenault had three of Laconia’s eight hits.Lebanon 10, Derry 2
Joe Cravero pitched eight scoreless innings as Lebanon cruised to an easy victory in its opener.
Jeff Singster had two of Derry’s seven hits. Derry also received a two-run single from third baseman Kyle Albertelli.
Lebanon will play the Concord/Londonderry winner.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- Input sought on Keene board of ed candidates - 0
- Colorful Tradition at UNH - 0
- Media Power Youth targets preventing youth violence - 0
- Better parent-child communication is Pembroke talk topic - 0
- Rivier University in Nashua aims to transform campus with $4 million plan - 0
- Move to Concord eyed for offices of university system - 5
- Nashua in running for education grant - 0
- Teacher cuts proposed in Londonderry - 22
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 0
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 0
Science, art combine for cancer fundraiser
Fourth-graders ‘experience’ Ellis Island
Copper stolen from old Salem school
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Two in Keene robbed at home
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Judge rules to keep officers on Laurie list