Hooksett, Manchester see progress in school talks
The hearing at Hillsborough County North Superior Court was originally slated for Monday, but following a productive 10-hour mediation session Wednesday, officials requested that it be postponed so they could communicate with other school boards members.
“I am happy with (how the two mediation) sessions went, I am cautiously optimistic that this will give us the time needed to work out a deal,” Korkosz said.
Korkosz has previously said that she does not understand the basis of Manchester’s injunction claim against Hooksett, as the contract allows the board to authorize students to leave the district on a case-by-case basis, which she said the board has been doing.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New Derry school year launch honors everyday heroes - 0
- Stevens High School in Claremont to have start pushed back to Sept. 10 because of renovations - 0
- Plymouth State's $32 million health, track facility seen as student draw - 0
- Free school meals rejected as Manchester board bucks federal program - 48
- Proposed hike for Manchester's driver education course reversed - 1
- With SNHU merger on hold, search renewed for NHIA president - 0
- Interim president encouraging student growth at WMCC - 0
- Pinkerton superintendent tours school in hors- drawn carriage - 1
- Granite State Arts Academy in Derry ready to open its doors - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
KSC field hockey first in coaches poll
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate