This Week's Rare Bird Alert
A flock of three marbled godwits and 12 whimbrels were seen in Hampton Harbor on July 22.
Two Mississippi kites were seen from Gonet Drive in Newmarket on July 18 and 22.
A lesser yellowlegs was reported from World End Pond in Salem on July 18, and 27 were seen on the coast on the 20th.
A blue-winged teal was seen in Hampton Marsh on July 21.
A pied-billed grebe was seen at Pickering Ponds in Rochester on July 17.
A pair of peregrine falcons was seen in downtown Concord on July 20, one was seen in Hampton on the 20th, and one was seen in Salem on the 21st.
An orchard oriole was reported from Durham on July 19.
This message is also available by phone recording. Call 224-9909 and press 2 as directed or ask to be transferred. If you have seen any interesting birds recently, you can leave a message at the end of the recording or send your sightings to the RBA via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put either “bird sighting” or “Rare Bird Alert” in the subject line and be sure to include your mailing address and phone number. The RBA is also available online at the New Hampshire Audubon website, www.nhaudubon.org.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Auburn family's dog found shot in head - 10
- Cat dies after reportedly being thrown from vehicle on Route 11 in New Durham - 6
- Swanzey dog rescue seeks funds to rebuild after fire - 0
- Answers sought over dead ducks, geese - 0
- Derry residents debate dog leash law - 0
- Man who shot Huskies was worried he would be target of animal rights groups - 20
- Police say three Huskies missing in Merrimack were mistaken as wolves and shot, killed - 75
- Three missing Siberian Huskies found dead - 5
- 3 communities may share animal officer - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Physician reprimanded after baby’s brain damaged in delivery - 0
- Police obtain warrants for suspect wanted in Dover, Manchester bank robberies - 0
- Abby Dion, 9, records a 10 in gymnastics meet - 0
- St. A skaters fall to Norwich - 0
- Monarchs lose in OT; win streak stops at 6 - 0
- Police searching for person stealing from cars in Manchester - 1
- College Football: Maine seniors want the coveted musket - 0
- College Hockey: Ice-making problem postpones UNH-PC - 1
- Pinkerton backfield a combination of power and speed - 0
Jury acquits Mont Vernon driver, who was checking text, in death of former Amherst fire chief
Offend someone? To jail with you!
Obama to illegals: Come out of shadows
Plaistow town planner arrested
Driver acquitted in Amherst ex-chief’s death
A kinder, gentler House Speaker?
Pipeline's NH route moves to top choice
College Hockey: Providence blanks UNH