Village Harmony Teen World Music Ensemble to perform in Peterborough
Led by Suzannah Park, Gideon Creovoshay, and Natalie Nowytski, the program features Balkan and Ukrainian village music, songs from Caucasus Georgia, Appalachian ballads and clogging, American shape-note and gospel songs, a sea shanty or two and a set of early music pieces from Italy and Spain.
Village Harmony is an umbrella organization based in Vermont dedicated to the study and performance of ethnic singing traditions from around the world.
Other dates in New Hampshire include: Tuesday, July 23, Unitarian Church, 274 Pleasant St., Concord.
Wednesday, July 24, Community Church, Tamworth.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man stealing wine threatens clerk of Manchester 7-Eleven with knife - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 0
- Standing up for Salvation: Ringing the bell in the cold is a tough job - 0
- Man charged in Manchester stabbing - 1
- Hampstead home invasion suspect wants evidence tossed - 0
- Police say man swung ax at ex - 1
- Celtics dominate Orlando - 0
- Bruins hold on in Minnesota, beat Wild in OT - 0
- Andreoff hat trick paces Monarchs - 0
Police arrest pair after bullets fly
Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week
Vermont's disaster: An Obamedy of errors
'Resilient' teen has a long road to recovery
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Power Plays: BANANAS and NH's energy needs
Police: Man endangered child after overdose