Home » News » Public Safety
Authorities identify woman found dead in Nashua apartment on Saturday
The New Hampshire Attorney General's Office released the woman's identity Thursday, but are still not revealing her cause or manner of death.
An autopsy is being completed on Hill but is taking longer than expected for the results, Janice Rundles, senior assistant attorney general, said earlier this week.
City police were called to 32 Chestnut St. Saturday afternoon after the woman's body was discovered inside one of the apartments. Police and investigators have confirmed that the death is suspicious, but they have not provided any additional details.
Authorities have also refused to comment on reports that Hill's body was badly decomposed and found wrapped in a shower curtain.
According to online phone records, Hill was a resident of The Downtowner apartment complex at 32 Chestnut St., which is located near the Nashua Soup Kitchen and Shelter.
"Based on what we know so far, there is no reason for residents to take extraordinary measures, but we do encourage them to use ordinary caution," Rundles said recently. "There is no reason for a real alarm."
No arrests have been made in connection with the suspicious death of Hill.
Anyone with information about her death is urged to contact police at 594-3500, or call the Nashua Crime Line anonymously at 589-1665.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 2
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 0
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Shaheen takes on illegal immigration - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate