Manchester, Hooksett working to resolve school contract issues
“I would classify the sessions as being productive, I am hopeful that this will result in a better result for both parties than going to court. But it is still too early to tell, however, if the relationship between the two sides has been healed at all,” Korkosz said.
Both towns have allowed some parents to leave the Manchester district, but the Hooksett School Board has authorized a far greater number to leave. This has prompted the district to file an injunction against Hooksett, accusing it of violating the contract, which calls on the towns to send “all” their students to the district.
Korkosz said Hooksett’s breach of contract claim against Manchester is also on the table for discussion.
She said that more information would be given to the public during the next Hooksett School Board meeting on July 30.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Hour of Code' taps student creativity - 0
- Fired Epping children's librarian gets public hearing - 0
- Hillsborough district names its Teacher of Year - 0
- Nashua Board of Education signals new leadership - 0
- PSU adjunct faculty members approve three-year contract - 0
- UNH, trustees seek to reverse arbitrator's decision to reinstate professor - 13
- NH students take part in computer education week - 0
- Math world stunned by UNH lecturer's find - 3
- Consultant report on UNH Manchester issues almost done - 4
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 2
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
- Do you like the new University of New Hampshire logo?
- Total Votes: 383