Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Plaistow lawyer faces charges related to Kingston boating crash death
Lawrence Buswell Jr., 52, is scheduled to be arraigned Aug. 1 in Rockingham Superior Court on single counts of vehicular assault and careless and negligent operation of boats for killing Eskeland and injuring five other passengers.
The two charges are expected to be followed by felony indictments for causing Eskeland’s death, according to a notice filed by prosecutors.
The boy told Kingston police that Buswell gave him two shots of Smirnoff Sour Apple Vodka and then took him out on his boat to go swimming. Buswell faces two counts of felonious sexual assault, three counts of misdemeanor sexual assault and a single count of prohibited sales in that case.
County prosecutors said that they filed misdemeanors separately in the boating case in May because the statute of limitations were about to expire.
But Buswell could face state prison time if a grand jury returns a negligent homicide charge against him. The sexual assault charges are also punishable by up to 3½ to 7 years in state prison. A judge ordered the long-time lawyer to have no contact with any person under 16 years of age, including the teenage boy he allegedly assaulted. Buswell also signed a waiver of extradition.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- Rochester shooting investigated - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester man suffers head injury trying to break up fight - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
- Sen. Ayotte vows to fight on after her military sex assault bill passes - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth