Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Manchester man faces murder charges in wife's stabbing death
MANCHESTER — A grand jury indicted a city man on alternative murder charges for allegedly stabbing his wife of 10 years to death last spring.
John Hogarty, 53, is charged with one count each of first- and second-degree murder for stabbing Michelle Hogarty, 46, multiple times in the neck and slitting her throat inside her 316 Mammoth Road home between April 30 and May 1.
Hogarty is being held without bail pending arraignment in Hillsborough County Superior Court set for 9 a.m. Aug. 7.
The grand jury returned the indictments July 19. The court made them public Thursday.
Friends described Michelle Hogarty as a caring mother who stayed home to raise her 6-year-old son. They said she recently battled throat cancer and fibromyalgia. She previously worked as a part-time cashier at a local grocery store.
A first-degree murder conviction carries a maximum life prison sentence without possibility of parole. It requires convincing a jury that Hogarty acted purposely when he allegedly stabbed his wife to death.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police at scene of Center Ossipee shooting - 0
- Litchfield man found stabbed - 0
- Driver charged with biting state trooper on I-93 - 5
- Autopsy shows Rochester man shot by officers 3 times - 2
- Nashua man sentenced for robbing bank - 0
- 14 people arrested in Nashua drug sweep - 1
- Nashua mother pleads guilty to manslaughter death of son - 3
- Childcare employee has license revoked after arriving to work intoxicated - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Parents share what 'CJ' taught them - 0
- Gilford High junior surprised by Francis Wayland Parker honor - 0
- Police bill disputed by Stewartstown and Colebrook ends up in court - 0
- New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay - 0
- ‘Coffee with a Cop’ promotes police, community relations - 0
- Arts-based charter high school in Derry begins accepting applications - 0
- Troy voters accept community center donation - 0
- Voters support Bow School District articles - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
Police at scene of Center Ossipee shooting
New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay
Litchfield man found stabbed
Scott Brown's latest step stirs the pot
Hooksett's choices: Leave them to parents
- Total Votes: 917