Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Portsmouth woman pleads guilty to hindering murder probe, will testify against boyfriend
Brittany Atwood, Marriott's girlfriend, was the last person to communicate with Marriott around 8:55 p.m. on the night she disappeared. Atwood received a text message from Marriott saying she was going to her friend's "Kat's" house, investigators said.
McDonough broke down and wept during Atwood's statement to the court.
Hannah said McDonough couldn't understand why McDonough took no action to prevent the murder from happening.
Assistant Attorney General Peter Hinckley said McDonough was in a relationship that was "manipulative and dominated by Mazzaglia," but that it was no excuse for her actions before and after the murder.
McDonough initially told police on Oct. 12 that she made plans for Marriott to come over to her apartment, but Marriott never showed. The two women had struck up a friendship while working at a Target department store in Greenland.
Hinckley said that investigators later learned that McDonough had called a woman named Roberta Gerkin on Mazzaglia's cell phone on the night of Oct. 9 around 10:50 p.m. and asked her to come over to their Dover apartment.
After Mazzaglia was arrested, McDonough met up with Gerkin in Portsmouth on Nov. 7 and asked her to tell police that she never went inside the apartment. State police were recording the conversation between the women.
Discussions with family
Hinckley said on Thursday that the terms of the sentence were appropriate given the facts of the case.
"No sentence is ever going to be good enough for the victim or the victim's family in this case," Hinckley said outside the courtroom after the hearing.
Marriott's body has not been found despite a widespread search by state, local and federal investigators. Hinckley said the search of the body is ongoing.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ex-Goffstown teacher indicted on sexual assault charges - 0
- Claremont police identify suspect in three armed robberies - 0
- Three boys accused of vandalizing Lakes Region Boys and Girls Club - 0
- Confessed burglar tells investigators pair 'did it for the thrill' - 0
- Bow man robbed at gunpoint near YMCA - 0
- Sex offender sought for failing to register turns himself in - 0
- Raymond man convicted in second sexual assault case - 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Wanted Vermont man evading capture allegedly tried to run over officer - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424