Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Nashua mother indicted in the death of son, 2
Unique S. Gould, 21, of 8 Ash Court, has been indicted by a Hillsborough County Superior Court grand jury on seven charges including manslaughter, first and second-degree assault and endangering the welfare of a child for the April 25 incident at her home.
The child was then rushed to the hospital for immediate medical attention, and was subsequently placed on life support, according to family members. The boy’s father decided to end life support two weeks later.
Following the assault, Gould was interviewed by two detectives, at which time she allegedly acknowledged spanking her son on April 25, the day before emergency crews arrived at her home, court documents said.
The newest indictments accuse Gould of striking the child numerous times on his head, face and buttocks, which caused the brain injuries and bruising. The indictments also allege that she failed to seek medical attention for an extended period of time, and placed the child in a corner with his hands behind his back and legs spread for an extended time.
“She is devastated by the child’s death. We will litigate every aspect of the case,” he said following her arrest.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Conn. tractor-trailer driver charged in Manchester hit and run - 1
- Goffstown man held in Triangle Credit Union robbery, burglaries - 0
- 2 Bay State men arrested for Peterborough credit union robbery - 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Police recover stolen SUV investigating burglary - 0
- Woman arrested after crash at Dover tolls, facing DWI charge - 0
- Fugitive of the week: Juan Zayas-Diaz - 0
- Man turns himself in for Dover burglary warrant - 0
- Police say Laconia man threatened toddler - 0
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 52 in Yemen - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans - 10
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 9
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
Dingman granted conditional parole
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424