Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Plymouth murder victim's family relieved about indictment in 1991 homicide
Reed, 30, an assistant registrar at the Plymouth State University, was found dead of multiple stab wounds on Sept. 6, 1991. Her murder case had gone unsolved, though the New Hampshire State Police Cold Case Unit reopened the case in 2012.
“I would like to wait until the investigation progresses further before saying anything,” he said.
Veralisa Reed of Rumney, the wife of one of Reed’s cousins, said the family is relieved.
“I loved her dearly, everyone here did,” Fischler said. “I couldn’t believe it when I heard she was gone, it shouldn’t have happened. We were all devastated. I’m glad to hear they’ve made some progress (in the case).”
He is serving a life sentence for the brutal 1992 murder of Mary Lou Sale of Lexington, Mass. Conkey, who was 28 at the time of Sale’s murder, has been in prison ever since he was arrested in 1994.
Last summer, Conkey also pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in the killing of Kathleen Dempsey in Lexington, Mass. According to prosecutors, Conkey stabbed Dempsey 17 times.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 0
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 0
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 2
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 0
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 0
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
- Dover man accused of robbing woman at knifepoint - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 0
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 0
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 0
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth, PSU hit road for tourneys - 0
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
John Stossel: Budget baloney
Several union deals on Windham ballots
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax