Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Plymouth murder victim's family relieved about indictment in 1991 homicide
Reed, 30, an assistant registrar at the Plymouth State University, was found dead of multiple stab wounds on Sept. 6, 1991. Her murder case had gone unsolved, though the New Hampshire State Police Cold Case Unit reopened the case in 2012.
“I would like to wait until the investigation progresses further before saying anything,” he said.
Veralisa Reed of Rumney, the wife of one of Reed’s cousins, said the family is relieved.
“I loved her dearly, everyone here did,” Fischler said. “I couldn’t believe it when I heard she was gone, it shouldn’t have happened. We were all devastated. I’m glad to hear they’ve made some progress (in the case).”
He is serving a life sentence for the brutal 1992 murder of Mary Lou Sale of Lexington, Mass. Conkey, who was 28 at the time of Sale’s murder, has been in prison ever since he was arrested in 1994.
Last summer, Conkey also pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in the killing of Kathleen Dempsey in Lexington, Mass. According to prosecutors, Conkey stabbed Dempsey 17 times.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 0
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 5
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 1
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 9
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Giampetruzzi leads Trinity into D-I semis - 0
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Turkey vultures not commonly seen in NH until fairly recently
FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief