Berlin block party will kick off Jericho ATV Festival
BERLIN — Downtown Berlin will host its first Mud, Music & Main Street block party Friday night to kick off the fourth annual ATV Festival weekend with all-terrain-vehicle riders taking over the city’s downtown streets from 4 to 9 p.m.
The streets will be closed to regular vehicle traffic.
“The fun downtown begins when the action at Jericho Mountain State Park ends for the day,” said Sylvia Poulin, chairwoman of the Berlin Main Street program, which is co-hosting the event with the Androscoggin Chamber of Commerce.
There will be live music, courtesy of the band Straightaway, and visitors can enjoy food, cold beverages at the beer tent, and special offers at the downtown shops and businesses, which are staying open throughout the event.
“The ATV festival is such a great weekend event, bringing thousands of people from all over the Northeast, and we wanted to provide a fun reason to head downtown before and after the festival gets underway,” Poulin said.
The festival and block party got a boost this year with a grant from Citizens Bank Foundation’s Growing Communities initiative, designed to help foster neighborhood revitalization and economic development activities across New Hampshire.
Special promotions and activities include:
• Mud Pie Eating Contest at 6:30 p.m., with the winner to receive a gift basket worth $125 from Gill’s Flower and Candy Shop.
• Face Painting at Middle Earth
• Muddiest, Hairiest Back Contest at 6 p.m., with winner to receive Mountain Man Facial from Skinplicity
• Licensed massage therapist from North Woods Massage offering chair massages
• Rafting display by North Woods Rafting, with rafting giveaway packages.
• Rumorz will have fried Oreos & Twinkies, plus the winner of the hairiest/muddiest back contest wins a spray tan.
• MOM’Z Grilled Cheese will highlight its famous S’mores with a mud ball eating contest at 7 p.m.
• A pea shooting contest will be held at 7:30 p.m.