Berlin block party will kick off Jericho ATV Festival
BERLIN — Downtown Berlin will host its first Mud, Music & Main Street block party Friday night to kick off the fourth annual ATV Festival weekend with all-terrain-vehicle riders taking over the city’s downtown streets from 4 to 9 p.m.
The streets will be closed to regular vehicle traffic.
“The fun downtown begins when the action at Jericho Mountain State Park ends for the day,” said Sylvia Poulin, chairwoman of the Berlin Main Street program, which is co-hosting the event with the Androscoggin Chamber of Commerce.
There will be live music, courtesy of the band Straightaway, and visitors can enjoy food, cold beverages at the beer tent, and special offers at the downtown shops and businesses, which are staying open throughout the event.
“The ATV festival is such a great weekend event, bringing thousands of people from all over the Northeast, and we wanted to provide a fun reason to head downtown before and after the festival gets underway,” Poulin said.
The festival and block party got a boost this year with a grant from Citizens Bank Foundation’s Growing Communities initiative, designed to help foster neighborhood revitalization and economic development activities across New Hampshire.
Special promotions and activities include:
• Mud Pie Eating Contest at 6:30 p.m., with the winner to receive a gift basket worth $125 from Gill’s Flower and Candy Shop.
• Face Painting at Middle Earth
• Muddiest, Hairiest Back Contest at 6 p.m., with winner to receive Mountain Man Facial from Skinplicity
• Licensed massage therapist from North Woods Massage offering chair massages
• Rafting display by North Woods Rafting, with rafting giveaway packages.
• Rumorz will have fried Oreos & Twinkies, plus the winner of the hairiest/muddiest back contest wins a spray tan.
• MOM’Z Grilled Cheese will highlight its famous S’mores with a mud ball eating contest at 7 p.m.
• A pea shooting contest will be held at 7:30 p.m.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.