Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Wildness dooms Fisher Cats in loss to Harrisburg
Three straight two-out walks by Gracey in the 10th inning pushed across the winning run to lead Harrisburg past the Fisher Cats, 3-2, in an Eastern League encounter Wednesday at the Northeast Delta Dental Stadium.
In the 10th inning, Gracey (3-1) fanned the first two batters before Jeff Howell tripled to right. Then walks to Brian Goodwin, Jose Lozada and Steven Souza pushed Howell across the plate for the winning run.
New Hampshire rallied to tie the game with a two-out mini spurt in the ninth inning against reliever Aaron Barrett. Gabe Jacobo singled to left and scored on a clutch double from Ryan Schimpf. It was his 17th double of the season.
The Senators tied the game in the fifth inning. Rick Hague singled to center and, with Destin Hood batting, a passed ball advanced Hague into scoring position at second base. Hood delivered an RBI single to right to knot the game until the home ninth.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- South Africa's Nelson Mandela dies at 95 - 3
- Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 52 in Yemen - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 10
- Charitable organizations raise money, and lift spirits with Christmas tree sales - 0
- Holiday edition reminder to our readers - 1
- 600 gather for New Horizons soup kitchen, shelter fundraiser - 0
- Conn. school shooting probe ends with gunman's motives unknown - 43
- Railway company proposing Montreal to Portland service through northern NH - 19
- Exeter theater group suspends campaign to save Ioka - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty - 0
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 0
- Big league gambling: AG makes right call on casinos - 0
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
- Chargers edge Manning, Broncos, 27-20 - 0
- Iginla strikes twice as red-hot Bruins top Oilers - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bow's balance too much for Kearsarge - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Big tipper stops for lunch
Keene to appeal Robin Hood rulings