Home » Sports » Baseball » Red Sox/MLB
Rays, Price dominate Red Sox
Rays left-hander David Price earned the win, improving to 5-5, with a 3.75 ERA. He needed just 97 pitches, 72 for strikes, going nine innings while giving up five hits with no walks and four strikeotus . It was Price’s third complete game in his last four starts.
The Rays sent seven batters to the plate in the third inning, with three scoring, carrying a 3-0 lead into the sixth inning.
The Rays added two runs in the eighth. With right-hander Pedro Beato pitching, Wil Myers singled with one out, ending Beato’s outing with left-hander Matt Thornton entering. Luke Scott reached on a fielder’s choice with Myers getting erased at second base. Sean Rodriguez, James Loney and Jose Molina each hit consecutive singles, putting the Rays up, 5-1.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal