Home » Sports » Baseball » Red Sox/MLB
Rays, Price dominate Red Sox
Rays left-hander David Price earned the win, improving to 5-5, with a 3.75 ERA. He needed just 97 pitches, 72 for strikes, going nine innings while giving up five hits with no walks and four strikeotus . It was Price’s third complete game in his last four starts.
The Rays sent seven batters to the plate in the third inning, with three scoring, carrying a 3-0 lead into the sixth inning.
The Rays added two runs in the eighth. With right-hander Pedro Beato pitching, Wil Myers singled with one out, ending Beato’s outing with left-hander Matt Thornton entering. Luke Scott reached on a fielder’s choice with Myers getting erased at second base. Sean Rodriguez, James Loney and Jose Molina each hit consecutive singles, putting the Rays up, 5-1.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- An NSA setback: Fourth Amendment wins first round - 12
- Fetal homicide: A compromise at last? - 4
- Freedom & discovery: A mathematician gets noticed - 0
- Preventing Newtown: Background checks won’t - 29
- Taunting taxpayers: Manchester teachers union won’t budge - 35
- Insurance choices: Shaheen, Shea-Porter, Kuster mislead - 19
- Looking for Abigail: Public can help find her - 3
- Riding lessons: DRED improves horse rules - 5
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 15
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'