Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Mass. convict charged in 1991 Plymouth State killing
Hage said he still sees Reed's father in town; her brother, Theron Reed, works at the college as a carpenter.
Homicide prosecutors said the New Hampshire State Police Cold Case Unit reopened the case in 2012.
"After the case was reopened in 2012, we obtained enough evidence to allow the charges to be brought," said Senior Assistant Attorney General Jeffery Strelzin, who said he could not be more specific.
According to New England Cable News, Conkey appeared in a Massachusetts courtroom in July 2012 and pleaded guilty to the 1992 stabbing death of a Lexington, Mass., woman.
Prosecutors said Conkey changed his plea to guilty because he believed the Mayan apocalypse was coming at year's end, the television station said.
Hage said he hopes the arrest will bring closure to the Reed family. As the years passed and new faculty and staff join Plymouth State, her death has faded, Hage said.
"We know her brother and see him on a daily basis," Hage said. "We know the family. We pass by the house where it occurred. It's part of our past. Those of us who went through it, this is a bit of hopeful relief."
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 5
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 20
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424