Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Mass. convict charged in 1991 Plymouth State killing
Hage said he still sees Reed's father in town; her brother, Theron Reed, works at the college as a carpenter.
Homicide prosecutors said the New Hampshire State Police Cold Case Unit reopened the case in 2012.
"After the case was reopened in 2012, we obtained enough evidence to allow the charges to be brought," said Senior Assistant Attorney General Jeffery Strelzin, who said he could not be more specific.
According to New England Cable News, Conkey appeared in a Massachusetts courtroom in July 2012 and pleaded guilty to the 1992 stabbing death of a Lexington, Mass., woman.
Prosecutors said Conkey changed his plea to guilty because he believed the Mayan apocalypse was coming at year's end, the television station said.
Hage said he hopes the arrest will bring closure to the Reed family. As the years passed and new faculty and staff join Plymouth State, her death has faded, Hage said.
"We know her brother and see him on a daily basis," Hage said. "We know the family. We pass by the house where it occurred. It's part of our past. Those of us who went through it, this is a bit of hopeful relief."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ex-Goffstown teacher indicted on sexual assault charges - 0
- Claremont police identify suspect in three armed robberies - 0
- Three boys accused of vandalizing Lakes Region Boys and Girls Club - 0
- Confessed burglar tells investigators pair 'did it for the thrill' - 0
- Bow man robbed at gunpoint near YMCA - 0
- Sex offender sought for failing to register turns himself in - 0
- Raymond man convicted in second sexual assault case - 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Wanted Vermont man evading capture allegedly tried to run over officer - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424