Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Mass. convict charged in 1991 Plymouth State killing
Hage said he still sees Reed's father in town; her brother, Theron Reed, works at the college as a carpenter.
Homicide prosecutors said the New Hampshire State Police Cold Case Unit reopened the case in 2012.
"After the case was reopened in 2012, we obtained enough evidence to allow the charges to be brought," said Senior Assistant Attorney General Jeffery Strelzin, who said he could not be more specific.
According to New England Cable News, Conkey appeared in a Massachusetts courtroom in July 2012 and pleaded guilty to the 1992 stabbing death of a Lexington, Mass., woman.
Prosecutors said Conkey changed his plea to guilty because he believed the Mayan apocalypse was coming at year's end, the television station said.
Hage said he hopes the arrest will bring closure to the Reed family. As the years passed and new faculty and staff join Plymouth State, her death has faded, Hage said.
"We know her brother and see him on a daily basis," Hage said. "We know the family. We pass by the house where it occurred. It's part of our past. Those of us who went through it, this is a bit of hopeful relief."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hooksett man convicted in fatal boating accident - 3
- Man awarded $250K in sexual assault at medical center - 2
- Newmarket man indicted on sex assault counts - 1
- Bail set at $2,000 for man accused of $1,950 check forgery - 1
- Vandal caught on video slashing holiday display but cannot deflate Christmas spirit - 4
- Mistrial declared in Keene cold-case murder trial - 0
- 35 years for Grantham man who killed wife over her affair with former student - 2
- Rockingham County attorney suspension continues amid probe - 7
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford man charged with driving 115 mph on I-93 - 0
- Charges upgraded against man who killed 2 in I-89 crash - 1
- Tilton police search for store robber - 0
- Busy Executive Council confirms judges, PUC commissioner, approves renewable energy grants - 1
- State declares "Air Quality Action Day" in Monadnock region - 0
- Hannaford opening in vacant Stop & Shop building in Exeter - 0
- Charlestown family hospitalized after fire - 0
- Police identify victim of fatal Milford crash as Merrimack man - 0
- Celtics trade rumors grow quiet - 0
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH
Money raised for dog hit by snow plow
Dunbarton nixes man's poultry plan
Popular West High School official moved
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424