Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Trusted inmate in East Kingston had history of thievery
Court documents show Jarred Brisbois, 20, was convicted of stealing a television from a Kingston residence where he was living on Feb. 25, 2010.
Brisbois was sentenced to a year in jail and ordered to enter drug and alcohol treatment and counseling.
But after just one day, Reams said Brisbois left the treatment program and was later sent back to jail for violating probation.
According to authorities, Brisbois was left alone for several hours on May 11 when he broke into the evidence room and officer’s locker while he was supposed to be washing cruisers. He was among the non-violent inmates given special privileges by being allowed to participate in an inmate trusty program run by the Rockingham County jail.
Brisbois had earned the trust of jail officials and police, but while the officer was away, authorities say he broke into the evidence room where he ingested heroin and smoked marijuana before being returned to the jail under the influence.
Brisbois also accessed keys to a police cruiser and drove it, but it’s not clear how long he was behind the wheel or where he went.
He has not yet been charged in connection with the East Kingston break-in as county officials continue to investigate.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 4
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 3
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424