Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Fisher Cats lose after ninth-inning meltdown
New Hampshire reliever Alan Farina (0-1) couldn’t protect a one-run lead, giving up four hits to the Western Division-leading Senators (56-48). The Fisher Cats, still in sole possession of second place in the Eastern Division, fell to 52-49.
With Hague batting, Farina was charged with a throwing error trying to pick off Martinson, who rambled to third base.
Goodwin brought home Hague when his single to right deflected by first baseman Kevin Ahrens. Aaron Barrett earned his 20th save for Harrisburg as New Hampshire stranded runners on second and third. Matt Grace (4-1) got the win in relief.
Ahrens provided the Fisher Cats with a brief 4-3 lead when he smacked his second season homer to center field.
Pat McCoy replaced starter Karns in the seventh and yielded a lead-off triple to Adam Loewen. Burns followed with a single against reliever Matt Swynenberg, giving the Fisher Cats a 5-4 edge.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- Input sought on Keene board of ed candidates - 0
- Colorful Tradition at UNH - 0
- Media Power Youth targets preventing youth violence - 0
- Better parent-child communication is Pembroke talk topic - 0
- Rivier University in Nashua aims to transform campus with $4 million plan - 0
- Move to Concord eyed for offices of university system - 5
- Nashua in running for education grant - 0
- Teacher cuts proposed in Londonderry - 22
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 3
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 1
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 2
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 9
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
Nashua hero up for Carnegie award
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Scott Brown still weighing options