One game, Salem vs. Rye, for the state Little League title
A catcher who was drafted out of UMass-Amherst, he is now the manager of the Salem Little League All-Stars.
Having played, coached and seen hundreds of games throughout his lifetime, Borrelli said there’s only one thing teams can do when involved in a deciding game.
To that, Rye manager Ron King added “Confidence is half the game. You have to enter that game with confidence if you want to win.”
“We lost by the 10-run rule to Bedford in the first game and came back to win the next two,” said King. “The core of our team is very competitive, confident and knows how to win. That’s all good going into the last game of this series.”
“We have Max Morasse and Jake Delaney (Saturday’s starter) both available for 85 pitches apiece,” said the Salem manager. As for Rye, King said he will not have Chase or Malila available because of the pitching rule.
“Pitching has been great from both teams and I will expect the same for Game 3,” said Borrelli.
Said Borrelli: “We’ve got a lineup where any one of our players is capable of hitting the ball out of the park,” he said. “I’m not worried about our hitting. I told our team after Sunday’s loss, we’re just moving on to the next game.”
And for Borrelli and everyone else connected to today’s game, a lot is at stake.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- I-293: A plan to make it better through Manchester - 4
- Dover’s winter parking ban begins Dec. 1 - 0
- Rockingham Road to reopen Wednesday - 0
- Manchester’s winter parking ban goes into effect Dec. 1 - 0
- Public gets look at new Sarah Long bridge - 1
- In Windham, I-93 work is loud and clear - 0
- Expect delays: Road work on Interstate 93, Route 28 scheduled for this week - 0
- Police warn drivers to watch out for deer on roadways - 0
- Merrimack ramp tolls will stay - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 0
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 0
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 0
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
- Store cashier in Littleton refuses to give up the cash to robber - 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released