One game, Salem vs. Rye, for the state Little League title
A catcher who was drafted out of UMass-Amherst, he is now the manager of the Salem Little League All-Stars.
Having played, coached and seen hundreds of games throughout his lifetime, Borrelli said there’s only one thing teams can do when involved in a deciding game.
To that, Rye manager Ron King added “Confidence is half the game. You have to enter that game with confidence if you want to win.”
“We lost by the 10-run rule to Bedford in the first game and came back to win the next two,” said King. “The core of our team is very competitive, confident and knows how to win. That’s all good going into the last game of this series.”
“We have Max Morasse and Jake Delaney (Saturday’s starter) both available for 85 pitches apiece,” said the Salem manager. As for Rye, King said he will not have Chase or Malila available because of the pitching rule.
“Pitching has been great from both teams and I will expect the same for Game 3,” said Borrelli.
Said Borrelli: “We’ve got a lineup where any one of our players is capable of hitting the ball out of the park,” he said. “I’m not worried about our hitting. I told our team after Sunday’s loss, we’re just moving on to the next game.”
And for Borrelli and everyone else connected to today’s game, a lot is at stake.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
- Vin Sylvia: After Ellsbury: Give the kids a chance - 0
- Penmen follow simple theme - 0
- Last Huddle for Lenahan today - 0
- Monarchs back to work for three-game weekend - 0
- Army captain stops LaMotte in mixed martial arts bout - 0
- College Notebook: NH athletes receive fall accolades - 0
- MMA 'Throwdown at The Rock' to feature Nate LaMottee - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 5
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- Ayotte tours Dover camping gear firm - 0
- Newton boy badly hurt when struck by SUV while walking - 0
- Police recover stolen SUV investigating burglary - 0
Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans