NH American Legion baseball tourney won’t include Manchester's Post 79
According to New Hampshire American Legion officials, Post 79 violated the national enrollment rule that prohibits legion teams from drawing players from high schools with a combined enrollment that exceeds 5,000. Each team’s enrollment figure is based on grades 10 through 12, and includes both boys and girls.
As a result, games that involved Post 79 this season will not count in the District A standings. Rick Harvey, the state’s director for junior legion, said making Post 79 forfeit all of its games was an option, but legion officials opted to eliminate all Post 79 games from the official standings instead.
“They were one of the stronger teams,” Harvey said. “They were right in the mix.”
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 4
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0