Little League final, Red Ryan golf postponed by rain
Tuesday's rain forced postponement of two of New Hampshire's premier youth-sports events: the deciding game of the Little League Baseball Championship and the Red Ryan CYO Golf Tournament.
With the baseball series between Salem and Rye Little Leagues tied at one game apiece, Game 3 was moved back to Wednesday at 5:45 p.m. at Manchester Central Little League's Sam Harris Field.
The Red Ryan Tournament, originally scheduled to take place Tuesday through Thursday at Manchester's Derryfield Country Club, instead will begin with Round 1 on Wednesday.
While play in the Red Ryan Tournament was postponed, play in the New Hampshire Open golf tournament continued at Stonebridge Country Club in Goffstown on Tuesday, albeit in delayed and shortened fashion. Instead of beginning Round 2 at 7:30 a.m. and concluding with Round 3 in the afternoon, the tournament was reduced to two rounds, with Round 2 beginning at 11 a.m.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- No. 1 UConn women rout No. 2 Duke - 0
- Patriots’ Wilfork maintains he’ll be back - 0
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Kicking game could play crucial role for UNH - 0
- State settles $24.5M lawsuit to force help for mentally ill - 0
- Groton Wind turbines slated to start turning again shortly - 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Hooksett man convicted in fatal boating accident - 0
- Man awarded $250K in sexual assault at medical center - 0
Ice storm threatens the region
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Nashua man held in home invasion
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840