Little League final, Red Ryan golf postponed by rain
Tuesday's rain forced postponement of two of New Hampshire's premier youth-sports events: the deciding game of the Little League Baseball Championship and the Red Ryan CYO Golf Tournament.
With the baseball series between Salem and Rye Little Leagues tied at one game apiece, Game 3 was moved back to Wednesday at 5:45 p.m. at Manchester Central Little League's Sam Harris Field.
The Red Ryan Tournament, originally scheduled to take place Tuesday through Thursday at Manchester's Derryfield Country Club, instead will begin with Round 1 on Wednesday.
While play in the Red Ryan Tournament was postponed, play in the New Hampshire Open golf tournament continued at Stonebridge Country Club in Goffstown on Tuesday, albeit in delayed and shortened fashion. Instead of beginning Round 2 at 7:30 a.m. and concluding with Round 3 in the afternoon, the tournament was reduced to two rounds, with Round 2 beginning at 11 a.m.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Fergus Cullen: The Christmas card many of us wish we could send - 0
- Ben Dick: Teachers had good reason to reject Manchester contract offer - 16
- Jonah Goldberg: Obamacare: Silence of the insurers - 3
- George Will: Executive discretion to the extreme - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Being better than New Jersey isn't good enough - 1
- Kathy Sullivan: GOP outrage machine might have finally gone too far - 47
- Jonah Goldberg: Triumph of the vulgarians - 2
- Maureen Mann: Labeling genetically-modified foods would help New Hampshire consumers - 16
- David Harsanyi: Ninety-six percent of Americans are wrong about Congress - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Senate holding rare Saturday vote on Fed pick Janet Yellen - 0
- Destruction of Berlin theater is ruled arson - 0
- Brady, Suggs set to renew bitter rivalry - 0
- West, Towson look to run past Eagles - 0
- Crowley leads Dover hockey past Kingswood - 0
- Beltran, Yankees make it official - 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH
Beltran, Yankees make it official
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840