Little League final, Red Ryan golf postponed by rain
Tuesday's rain forced postponement of two of New Hampshire's premier youth-sports events: the deciding game of the Little League Baseball Championship and the Red Ryan CYO Golf Tournament.
With the baseball series between Salem and Rye Little Leagues tied at one game apiece, Game 3 was moved back to Wednesday at 5:45 p.m. at Manchester Central Little League's Sam Harris Field.
The Red Ryan Tournament, originally scheduled to take place Tuesday through Thursday at Manchester's Derryfield Country Club, instead will begin with Round 1 on Wednesday.
While play in the Red Ryan Tournament was postponed, play in the New Hampshire Open golf tournament continued at Stonebridge Country Club in Goffstown on Tuesday, albeit in delayed and shortened fashion. Instead of beginning Round 2 at 7:30 a.m. and concluding with Round 3 in the afternoon, the tournament was reduced to two rounds, with Round 2 beginning at 11 a.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 0
- 'The Granite Wall' stays solid as UNH marches into postseason - 0
- Lebanon City Hall renovation could move forward at hearing - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840