Power outage in Exeter being investigated by Unitil
EXETER — More than half of the town was without power Tuesday afternoon.
Unitil spokesman Alec O'Meara said the outage was reported around 2:20 p.m.
Some 4,272 of Unitil's 7,911 customers remained in the dark as of 3 p.m.
Another 63 customers were without power in nearby Kensington.O'Meara said crews were looking into the problem to determine the cause. It's unclear whether the outage may be related to stormy weather that moved through the area Tuesday afternoon.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- For most, no choice but to hit the roads for stormy holiday travel - 3
- Coast Guard issues weather warning to coastal boaters - 0
- Coast Guard issues weather warning to boaters - 0
- Man crushed by wind-felled tree in Laconia as powerful winds follow frigid air; thousands without power - 0
- Slick roads eyed for holiday - 0
- Granite Staters arrived in Philippines just after typhoon hit - 0
- Granite Staters fly out to Phillipines to help after typhoon - 0
- Strong winds cut power to thousands across New Hampshire - 0
- State acts to shore up Gorham dam - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester gas station burglarized - 0
- Conn. tractor-trailer driver charged in Manchester hit and run - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans - 10
- Goffstown man held in Triangle Credit Union robbery, burglaries - 0
- 2 Bay State men arrested for Peterborough credit union robbery - 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 8
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
Dingman granted conditional parole
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans