Power outage in Exeter being investigated by Unitil
EXETER — More than half of the town was without power Tuesday afternoon.
Unitil spokesman Alec O'Meara said the outage was reported around 2:20 p.m.
Some 4,272 of Unitil's 7,911 customers remained in the dark as of 3 p.m.
Another 63 customers were without power in nearby Kensington.O'Meara said crews were looking into the problem to determine the cause. It's unclear whether the outage may be related to stormy weather that moved through the area Tuesday afternoon.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- USGS reports minor earthquake just outside of Concord - 0
- Quake strikes northeast of Tokyo, no reports of serious damage - 0
- Hollis storm damage caused by microburst, not tornado - 0
- 6.0 earthquake strikes California wine country - 0
- Heavy rain saturates NH in a matter of two hours - 1
- Flash flood warning issued for Southern New Hampshire - 0
- Rare tornado touches down in Revere, Mass., no deaths reported - 0
- Severe weather strikes across Granite State - 0
- Restaurant foundation destabilized by high water raises Route 3 Bridge, downtown Colebrook flooding concerns - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH Notebook: Ground game is Stony Brook's rock - 0
- The debut of the 'The $30,000 Nutt' - 0
- How stable is this telephone pole? - 0
- Drew Cline: Two weeks before the election, no one is talking about guns - 1
- Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out - 2
- Debate rule No. 1: Don't crash - 0
- Obamacare takes center stage at 1st Congressional debate - 2
- NHIAA Field Hockey Roundup: Londonderry edges Central - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Brummett spurs Derryfield - 0
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out
UPDATED: Flood warning issued for southern NH; leaks force visitation to be cancelled at Goffstown women's prison
Jonee Earthquake band shakes Shaskeen