At Fort Drum training in N.Y., these Granite Staters serve with pride
The 3rd Battalion of the 197th Fires Brigade takes part in an annual two-week training exercise at Fort Drum, N.Y., Monday. (JOE MCQUAID/New Hampshire Union Leader)
When he’s not patrolling the Spaulding Turnpike as a New Hampshire State Trooper, Chris Storm is refueling fighter jets for the 157th Air National Guard from Pease. He did so Monday on a return flight from Fort Drum, N.Y. (JOE MCQUAID/New Hampshire Union Leader)
"The Red Sox took care of the Yankees last night," she quipped.
"No problem," said state Sen. Sharon Carson of Londonderry. "We work at the State House."
Part of Maj. Gen. Reddel's mission as adjutant general of the New Hampshire National Guard is to stress how efficiently the Guard works with the regular military and with civilians. The visitors included the New Hampshire Employer Support for Guard and Reserve (ESGR). Those employers include the state of New Hampshire and many cities and towns.
The tiny Town of Tamworth also has an employee on Guard duty. Fire Chief Rich Colcord, the only full-timer on the Tamworth squad, is a medic with the 3rd Battalion. He caught up on hometown news with fellow firefighter Jim Bowles, who came along with the Hassan group.
Aides to the four-member congressional delegation also went on the trip, including Josh Denton, who is Rep. Carol Shea-Porter's veterans liaison. Denton knows something about the HIMARS. He is a U.S. Army veteran who once oversaw such a battery.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New NHIA president painting a picture of expansion - 0
- Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president - 0
- Students prepare to set sail at Tri-City Christian Academy - 0
- Local teacher makes trip to arctic - 0
- Teacher 'thrilled' at being reinstated - 7
- Scholar of the Month: Plymouth junior operates on 'full-sprint theory' - 0
- Software upgrade delays grades - 0
- Derry School Board to hold forum on Facility Needs Study - 0
- Londonderry High forms team to get help for teens struggling with depression - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 0
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 0
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 0
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 0
- Malkin, Crosby foil Bruins in overtime - 0
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Randy Johnson, Pedro, Smoltz lead HOF ballot
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.