At Fort Drum training in N.Y., these Granite Staters serve with pride
The 3rd Battalion of the 197th Fires Brigade takes part in an annual two-week training exercise at Fort Drum, N.Y., Monday. (JOE MCQUAID/New Hampshire Union Leader)
When he’s not patrolling the Spaulding Turnpike as a New Hampshire State Trooper, Chris Storm is refueling fighter jets for the 157th Air National Guard from Pease. He did so Monday on a return flight from Fort Drum, N.Y. (JOE MCQUAID/New Hampshire Union Leader)
"The Red Sox took care of the Yankees last night," she quipped.
"No problem," said state Sen. Sharon Carson of Londonderry. "We work at the State House."
Part of Maj. Gen. Reddel's mission as adjutant general of the New Hampshire National Guard is to stress how efficiently the Guard works with the regular military and with civilians. The visitors included the New Hampshire Employer Support for Guard and Reserve (ESGR). Those employers include the state of New Hampshire and many cities and towns.
The tiny Town of Tamworth also has an employee on Guard duty. Fire Chief Rich Colcord, the only full-timer on the Tamworth squad, is a medic with the 3rd Battalion. He caught up on hometown news with fellow firefighter Jim Bowles, who came along with the Hassan group.
Aides to the four-member congressional delegation also went on the trip, including Josh Denton, who is Rep. Carol Shea-Porter's veterans liaison. Denton knows something about the HIMARS. He is a U.S. Army veteran who once oversaw such a battery.
READER COMMENTS: 5
- New headmaster eager to take the reins at Pinkerton - 0
- SNHU, NH Institute of Art merger talk creates anxiety for some - 4
- UNH- Manchester looks to move into Pandora building - 2
- Wilton school project begins - 0
- Nashua explores taking over Brentwood School - 0
- Franklin Pierce lays off four full-time employees - 0
- New Highland-Goffe's Falls principal starts job today - 0
- Board to vote on new graphic design program - 0
- Londonderry names assistant superintendent - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 6
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 11
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax